- Apr 13, 2017 How do I connect my O6 device to my iPhone?
- Apr 13, 2017 Does O6 support Android?
- Apr 13, 2017 What languages does O6 support?
- Apr 19, 2017 How is O6 different from Apple's Siri or other Voice Command Systems?
- Apr 19, 2017 Does O6 have a speaker?
- Apr 19, 2017 What is the Battery Life on the O6?
- Apr 19, 2017 Where can I use O6?
- Apr 19, 2017 How is O6 “eyes free”, when the video shows the app while driving?
- Apr 19, 2017 Why the name O6?
- Apr 19, 2017 Why are there two different modes of interacting with apps, when they do similar things?
- Apr 19, 2017 How do I change the volume?
- Apr 19, 2017 How do I check the battery level?
- Apr 19, 2017 How many O6’s can I connect to one iPhone?
- Apr 13, 2017 Future Developments
- Getting Started
New User Setup Tips
- May 3, 2017 New User Setup Tips
- O6 App Channels
- Apr 13, 2017 Technical Specfications
Using the O6 App
- Apr 13, 2017 Performing Actions using O6
- Apr 13, 2017 Configuring the iPhone for O6 Internationalization
- Apr 13, 2017 Using the O6 App without the O6 Device
- Apr 13, 2017 Security and Privacy
- Using your O6 Device
Advanced Mode is a powerful mode for remotely controlling any of your existing apps with or without visual attention. This mode is intended for more advanced users and leverages the iOS VoiceOver screenreader feature.
Tip: Before you use this powerful feature in your car, or in any other setting, please practice at home!
Advanced Mode is supported by another mode called the Super mode that can be entered only from Advanced mode as the Super mode builds on the Advanced mode.
This is the default mode in Advanced mode. This mode replaces all touchscreen gestures with an intuitive remote control using O6. Use this mode to navigate between apps, open apps, go back to Home screen, switch between apps, and listen to apps—all without touching the screen.
Use this mode to adjust settings such as speech rate, pitch, or navigate by alphabets, characters or words.
Enabling the VoiceOver shortcut on your iPhone
Before you can use these modes, you need configure iOS VoiceOver as follows:
Tap Settings on your iPhone home screen.
In Settings, navigate to General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut
In Accessibility Shortcut, under TRIPLE-CLICK THE HOME BUTTON FOR:, tap VoiceOver.
Turning VoiceOver on and off
To turn VoiceOver on or off, you can either:
Triple-click your iPhone Home button.
Triple-click the Ring button on your O6 device when it is in Advanced mode.
Tip: In this mode, normal touchscreen interaction is disabled. You must turn Off VoiceOver on your phone to resume normal touchscreen gestures.
Perform the following actions to quickly get started:
Rotate your dial to change focus on apps on your screen. An outline shows the currently focused item on screen. Speech feedback describes the item in focus for eyes free navigation.
Click the Center button on your O6 device to open an app or activate an item.
Click the Ring button on your O6 device to go to HOME.
Double-click the Center button on your O6 device to perform the most-intended function in any app, such as Play/Pause music or the O6 app on the home screen, take pictures in camera app, or Play/Pause music in your music app.
Tip: Please ignore the on-screen voice feedback to double-tap to open item. That instruction is only for touchscreen gestures and not for using the O6 device.
Changing VoiceOver Speech Rate
You can adjust the Speaking Rate used in Advanced Mode as follows:
Tap Settings on your iPhone home screen.
In Settings, navigate to General > Accessibility > VoiceOver
Adjust the slider under SPEAKING RATE
Changing between Basic and Advanced modes
When you first receive your O6 device from the factory, it is in the default Basic mode, which is used for controlling Music, Podcasts, and the O6 App.
You can change to the Advanced mode by triple-clicking the Home button on your iPhone. The O6 automatically switches into Advanced mode once your bring the O6 app into the foreground. A double haptic buzz (vibration) confirms that you are in Advanced mode.
You can switch back to Basic mode at any time by triple-clicking the HOME button on your iPhone to turn VoiceOver off. This time, a single haptic buzz (vibration) confirms that you are in Basic mode.
Navigating Apps in Advanced App Navigation mode
1. Single-click the Ring or Bezel button
2. Double-click the Ring or Bezel button
3. Triple-click the Ring or Bezel button
4. Press and hold the Ring or Bezel button for 2 seconds
5. Single-click the Center button
6. Double-click the Center button
7. Triple-click the Center button
8. Press and hold the Center button for 2 seconds
9. Press and hold the Center button for 5 seconds
10. Single-click the bezel dial clockwise
11. Faster turn (90 degrees turn within 1 second) of bezel dial clockwise
12. Single-click the bezel dial counter-clockwise
13. Faster turn (90 degrees turn within 1 second) of bezel dial counter-clockwise
14. Quick succession of single-click clockwise followed by single-click counter-clockwise
15. Quick succession of single-click counter-clockwise followed by single-click clockwise
1. Go to HOME screen, or go to folder if the App is in a folder.
2. Activate Task Switcher. You can now rotate the dial to switch between recently-used apps. Click the Center button to pick another app from the Task Switcher and bring it to the foreground.
3. Turn VoiceOver On or Off. To use this functionality, make sure you have (once) enabled an Accessibility Shortcut on your iPhone (see previous instructions).
4. Activate Siri. Press the Ring button again to deactivate Siri and resume where you last left off.
5. Open the app on the Home screen, toggle button setting, or activate button or link.
6. Performs the most likely action, such as answering an incoming phone call, or Play/Pause music, podcast, or audiobook when on HOME screen or in media app, taking a picture when in the Camera app, or opening Facebook Actions when in Facebook, and so on.
7. Toggle the on-screen Virtual Keyboard. The text field needs to be in focus to activate this setting.
Tip: The on-screen virtual keyboard disappears when O6 is connected. You can show (or hide) the virtual keyboard by using this functionality.
8. Switch modes between App Navigation mode and Basic mode.
9. Turn Bluetooth Off. Press any button to wake O6 and reconnect.
10. Next app on Home screen, App folder, or task switcher; or next on-screen item within the app.
11. Last app on Home screen, folder, task switcher; or last item within app (bottom right item on screen).
12. First app on Home screen, app folder, or task switcher; or first on-screen item within app.
13. First app on Home screen, folder, or task switcher; or first item (top left item on screen) within the app.
14. Next horizontal screen.
15. Read all items on screen.
Tip: It is best to turn Quick Nav ON to get a few of the features to work. You can turn Quick Nav on by connecting an external wireless keyboard to your iPhone and simultaneously
The advanced mode automatically reads aloud alerts from your favorite apps such as Messages, WhatsApp, WeChat, Facebook, Facebook Messenger and more. To utilize this feature, Notifications must be enabled on your iPhone for each app that you wish to receive notifications from.
To enable Notifications from your favorite app on your iPhone:
Open Settings on your iPhone.
Set Allow Notifications to ON and keep the App Notifications settings screen open.
Set Show in Notification Center to On.